Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting Started

As many of you already know, or are about to find out, I Benjamin James Raine am not attending Briercrest College and Seminary for the Fall semester of 2008. Shocking!!! I Know! Actually I am currently working on my internship at Luther College High School in Regina Saskatchewan, as a eclectic mixture or peer support coordinator, christian club leader as well as intern chaplain. The school is a private Christian school which is host to a number of international students who come from 18 different countries around the world. While this internship gets my heart racing and I feel like God has led me into the position I am currently in, it does not pass by without challenges and hardships. I know already, in my two short weeks of being at the school that God has big plans for many of the kids passing by through the halls. But I question and wonder... why me God? I'm incapable of doing anything good, I am sinful and am breaking constantly. But I have discovered that is the beauty with God. When we are broken, weak, and feeling like we can't go on any further thats when we finally release the binds on our own lives and allow God to do the work that He has planned. Its hard to wrap our minds around God and His plans, but ultimately when I am weak, He is strong. And my own independence on myself (my abilities) and in the things of the world is my own demise. When I let go and allow God, life glorious and I wonder.... Why do I continue to strive to think that I am capable of providing for myself things which are long lasting?

Anyways, all this is besides the point (sometimes I just get rambling...sorry!) As for the school if you all who are reading could be praying for God's glory to be revealed, and for young men and women to rise up in their faith and be spiritual leaders who want to strive to live a transparent Christian life. Pray that God would continually place the words on my lips that both the teachers, students and myself need to hear; that I would be equipped to live a life glorifying to God through the strength, passion and ability to serve the needy, lost and lonely He has placed in my life. And please pray that my human pride would not interfere the work that God has in the lives of His children. I thank-you all from the deepest pit of my heart-- all you are in my prayers

From the Baren land of Southern Saskatchewan
Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ben...I am so encouraged already to know that God is going to use you in awesome ways through this internship. I am praying for you my friend. Continue to update your blog so everyone can know what God is doing through you.
Blessings upon you my Friend,
Rachel.