Saturday, January 3, 2009

Confession of a life time... I'm Pregnant!


Ok, so I know what you are thinking....and as much as many of you may think (Jordan Taylor, Chris Hennink) I am not a girl! Thank goodness. But as I have been thinking and have come to the conclusion that I AM PREGO.....But heres the kicker... so are YOU!


In Romans 8:10-12 it says,


"But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it."


So... God has placed His Spirit in each of us; He has placed a desire in each of us, with a passionate heart many of us yearn to fulfill our dreams and goals. But like a pregnant women, if I try and "birth" my passions and desires before God has fully formed and shaped them, then I can do more damage to myself and others, and am not giving God the credit He deserves. If a woman has her baby before its due date the chances of survival are slim, and places the woman in danger as well.


God is working, and tugging at our heart strings. His desire is to see us grow to a deeper level, be changed and transformed to become people who yearn to see His will be done. By no means do I think that this means that we shouldnt be pushing and striving to meet our goals, but rather....something like this......


For a long time my heart has been screaming to know God, and know His will for my life. So much that I found myself running so hard, but running without the God that I was desiring. I had this constant picture in my mind of a runner racing for the prize, but running so hard that he bypassed the prize. I see myself desiring God, but I had forgotten to walk with God. I felt God calling me back, showing me where He wants me to one day be but wanting me to recognise that I can't get to that place on my own, I need Him.... and so do you.



Accept where you are at, strive for transformation, change what you can and passionately love the Lord and others. Be open to change and seek His kingdom. My prayer for you all is this.... May God protect you and keep you, use you to glorify His name and touch the lives of others. Would He continually humble and break us for His people. Would we as Christians learn to love the people in the world but not be of the world. May He touch your lives in a way that He never has before. Know God and give Him all of you, and not jsut a piece of you.


Zephaniah 3:17


The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you,

he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing

1 comment:

KiKi said...

I love the post.. Very attention grabbing.. Your honesty in writing is fabulous and so is your heart for God. I was very blessed by what you said and by the verses you shared. Blessings brother.